Arm & Hammer/OxiClean, in Collaboration with Maxus Sports & Entertainment-Major League Baseball All-Star Game Activations-San Diego CA
As part of Church & Dwight’s continued sponsorship of Major League Baseball as “The Official Laundry Detergent and Stain Fighter of MLB”, Church & Dwight activated around MLB’s All-Star Week for the third consecutive year. San Diego, California played host to this season’s mid-summer classic and DDK Productions managed and produced C&D experiential activations at the MLB All-Star FanFest, All-Star Block Party, The Color Run All-Star 5K and corporate hospitality events for Church & Dwight executives and clients.
The activations were brought to life in several different ways, as baseball fans engaged with the Arm & Hammer and OxiClean brands through interactive games, free product giveaways, photo opportunities and chances for fans to win tickets to the 2016 MLB World Series.
Estimated foot traffic at all activation footprints (Fan Fest, Block Party, Color Run): 400,000
Estimated foot traffic at all C&D activation footprints: 50,000
Total samples distributed at all C&D activation footprints: 25,000
- MLB Fan Fest: Created a unique experience for all MLB fans to enjoy for five days inside the San Diego Convention Center. Baseball fans of all ages tested their throwing abilities for both speed and accuracy at the Arm & Hammer and OxiClean Strike Out Stains pitching cages. Highest speed every hour won great prizes, compliments of Arm & Hammer/OxiClean. As crowds swarmed the footprint our emcee engaged some lucky fans with the opportunity to play “Name That Stain.” The most accurate and fastest answers were awarded special gifts including gift cards to the online MLB shop. On Saturday, everyone at the space was treated to a special pitching clinic with San Diego Padres Hall of Fame Pitcher, Trevor Hoffman who joined OxiClean’s very own pitchman, Anthony “Sully” Sullivan, to provide pitching tips and photos opportunities for kids and adults alike. Padres’ fans took pride in their beloved Padres and took a photo at our Friar Photo Op and were asked to share it using the hashtag #fanfest. The lines to meet, take a photo with, and interact with “Sully” were lengthy throughout the activation, as fans were also given a complimentary, autographed mini-tub of OxiClean from Sully. Kids MLB-themed Arm & Hammer Spinbrush toothbrushes, Adult Arm & Hammer Spinbrush toothbrushes, and Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant toothpaste were given out to all fans who came through the footprint, complimentary.
- MLB Block Party: Another wonderful opportunity to engage with MLB fans at the outdoor block party for the three days during All-Star Week. Activation elements included: A fast pitch speed cage, spin wheel with a chance to win kids MLB-themed Arm & Hammer Spinbrush toothbrushes, Arm & Hammer /OxiClean/All-Star branded rally towels, sunglasses, stress balls and tattoo station and the opportunity to meet “Sully.” Similar to Fan Fest, our emcee interacted with fans and played the “Name That Stain” Game with fans on our line to spin the spin wheel. Adult Arm & Hammer Spinbrush toothbrushes and Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant toothpaste were given out to all fans who came through the footprint, complimentary.
- The Color Run All-Star 5K: Another great event surrounding All-Star Week was The Color Run All-Star 5K. It made sense for OxiClean to sponsor this event as runners got “colorized” with different colored paint throughout their run. 2,500 OxiClean-branded cooling towels were handed out to the runners compliments of OxiClean. The towels were a tremendous asset to the runners, as it was a hot, sticky morning in San Diego and also allowed for the runners' muscles to relax. Sully took part in the run, engaging with fans for photos along the running course.
- Hospitality Events: In addition to creating fan engagement and brand affinity for Church & Dwight, there were also a group of executives and clients of Church & Dwight who attended the festivities in San Diego. Prior to the Home Run Derby, guests were treated to a luncheon at Latitude Lounge within the Marriott Gaslamp Hotel, across the street from Petco Park. The guests enjoyed a special treat as San Diego Padres legendary pitcher Randy Jones joined the party and gave a charismatic history of his life in baseball. Everyone in attendance got a photo with Randy and some intimate dialogue with the 1976 NL Cy Young Award Winner. After the All-Star Game, our guests were invited to attend a party at the Nolen Rooftop. Set in the most picturesque of settings with the San Diego skyline in the distance, everyone enjoyed delicious cocktails, a beer-sampling bar from local San Diego breweries and a scrumptious dinner. It was a perfect ending to a wonderful experience for the Church & Dwight executives and clients in San Diego.
- Full-scale event production at various activations footprints throughout All-Star Week: 100’X75’ space at Fan Fest, 25’X60’ at Block Party, 10’X10” at Color Run.
- Procure, negotiate and manage onsite emcee, brand ambassadors, fabrication of branded signage.
- Liaison with MLB/BaAM, Gaslamp Marriott on all logistical/hospitality details.
- Create all programming for fan engagement and emcee scripting at footprint.
- Spearhead all premium & product sampling distribution.