Arm & Hammer / OxiClean, 2019 Major League Baseball All-Star Game Activations-Cleveland, Ohio
As part of Church & Dwight’s continued sponsorship with MLB as “The Official Laundry Detergent and Stain Fighter of MLB,” and as Proud Sponsors of the Cleveland Indians, Church & Dwight continued their partnership activation into its 6th year at the 2019 Major League Baseball All-Star Game in Cleveland, Ohio in July. DDK Productions produced & managed the on-site activations which were held both inside and outside at MLB Play Ball Park, The 5K Color Run and hospitality events for Church & Dwight executives and clients.
The activations were brought to life in several different ways, as baseball fans engaged with the Arm & Hammer and OxiClean brands through interactive games, free product giveaways, photo opportunities and new this year the worlds largest tub of OxiClean that fans jumped into filled with “bubbles”.
Estimated foot traffic at all activation footprints (Fan Fest, Play Ball Park & Color Run): 250,000
Estimated foot traffic at all C&D activation footprints: 30,000
Total samples distributed at all C&D activation footprints: 55,000
- Play Ball Park (Inside): Created a new, unique experience for all MLB fans to enjoy for five days inside the Huntington Convention Center. Our space was spilt up with 2 interactive photos experiences. On one side fans got to engage and jump into the world’s largest tub of OxiClean! Adults and kids loved being inside the life-size, custom fabricated bubble pit. On the other side, fans got to show their flex by posing inside a over-sized Arm & Hammer branded box of baking soda. Throughout the days of the activations fans got to meet and take a photo in the bubble pit with OxiClean legendary pitchman Anthony "Sully" Sullivan. Fans were given a complimentary, autographed mini-tub of OxiClean from Sully. On the Arm & Hammer side fans got to meet “the face of Arm & Hammer” United States Gold-medal winning Olympian Jennie Finch and flex for photos with her in the baking soda display. Fans were encouraged to share their photos using the hashtags #OxiClean & #MorePowerToYou. All guests to our space received complimentary samples packs of Arm & Hammer and OxiClean products. Our MC Chris interacted with fans and kept the excitement up all day long!
- Play Ball Park (Outside): Built right outside the convention center, Church & Dwight engaged attendees at Play Ball Park, a free interactive area for children and families, with the ARM & HAMMER and OxiClean branded "All-Star Pitching" experience. The C&D footprint also included ARM & HAMMER and OxiClean branded tents where under the A&H tent fans could take photos with baseball props in front of a baseball stadium backdrop and have their own custom baseball card printed out onsite. Attendees could also test their luck at the spin wheel, giving them the chance to win A&H/OxiClean All-Star branded items including two different color sunglasses, rally towels, and "stress" mini-baseballs & tubs of OxiClean. Jennie Finch appeared for "Tips & Tricks" session with fans and interacted with fans for photo-ops. Our MC Maria entertained the fans throughout the days and treated everyone to a wonderful experience. Baseball fans of all ages tested their throwing abilities for both speed and accuracy at the Arm & Hammer and OxiClean All-Star pitching cages. Highest speed every hour won great prizes, compliments of Arm & Hammer/OxiClean. As crowds swarmed the footprint our emcee engaged some lucky fans with the opportunity to play "Name That Stain," for the chance to win an authentic, antique mini-car and other great prizing. Fans also got to enjoy special guest appearances at the fast-pitch cages led by MLB All-Star Al Leiter and & women's softball legend Lisa Fernandez . Fans were encouraged to share their photos using the hashtags #OxiClean & #MorePowerToYou.
- All-Star Color Run with OxiClean/White Revive: Church & Dwight teamed up with MLB and the city of Cleveland to put on the All-Star Color Run on Sunday, July 8th. OxiClean/White Revive was a sponsor of the Color Run 5K event with exclusive branding of the 'bubbles' area within the race course. The C&D footprint at the post-race sponsor area, was OxiClean White Revive branded and included a photo opportunity where fans could take live GIFs and photos with friends and family with a bubble-branding. We distributed cooling towels to help participants cool down in the summer sun. OxiClean spokesman Anthony "Sully" Sullivan ran the Color Run with fans while livestreaming the entire race. He also was onstage and entertained the crowd of runners after the race. Sully interacted with fans for photo-ops and handed out cooling towels at our space.
- Hospitality Events: In addition to creating fan engagement and brand affinity for Church & Dwight at the Play Ball Park sites, there were also a group of 60 executives, clients and partners of Church & Dwight who attended the festivities in Cleveland. This year, we hosted two (2) pre-game and (2) post-game hospitality events for Church & Dwight employees and guests. Pre-game hospitality events took place from 4:30-6:15 pm, where guests enjoyed food & beverage along with a Q&A and autograph session with baseball talent. Post-game hospitality events took place after the Home Run Derby and All-Star Game where guests enjoyed food & beverage while unwinding and discussing game highlights. Monday night pre-game: Former Indians and Phillies manager Charlie Manuel entertained attendees at The Radiant Room in the Ritz Carlton Hotel with classic stories of his past. After an unbelievable Home-Run Derby, the post-event was held only a short walk from the stadium at The House of Blues Foundation Room. On Tuesday evening prior to the ASG we took guests to the historic Flats area of Cleveland to the Alley Cat Oyster Bar and Restaurant. Former NL Cy Young Award Winner and All-Star Dwight “Doc” Gooden was an incredible guest for our Q&A and autograph session while guests got to take in beautiful views of the Cuyahoga River. Tuesday night after the All-Star Game we held our closing party at Red The Steakhouse. Each guest received a welcome gift upon arrival to the hotel with a branded All-Star backpack with ARM & HAMMER and OxiClean branded items including portable ear buds, hat, rally towel, stress ball, sunglasses, sunscreen, bottle of water and box of Cracker Jacks.
- Ideate and execute full-scale event production at various activations footprints throughout All-Star Week: 20’ X 50’ inside at Play Ball Park, 40' X 70’ outside at Play Ball Park & 10’X20’ at Color Run.
- Procure, negotiate and manage onsite emcee, brand ambassadors, fabrication of branded signage.
- Liaison with MLB, BaAM Productions and Freeman on all onsite logistics and client approvals
- Spearhead all premium & product sampling distribution.
- Manage all C&D guest hospitality elements including hotel & transportation.
- Collaborate with The Ritz Carlton and all hospitality venues on all private event details.
- Create all programming for fan engagement, emcee scripting at activation footprints and host Q&A's with talent.
There's no one I trust more with my event management! I'm in my 5th year working with David and his team, and it's apparent that they are experts at what they do, which puts me at complete ease. Naturally, this comes from years of experience, a thoughtful approach to everything they do, their can-do spirit, and their careful attention to detail. DDK Productions is rock solid in my book!