Arm & Hammer / OxiClean, 2017 Major League Baseball All-Star Game Activations-Miami, FL
As part of Church & Dwight’s continued sponsorship with MLB as “The Official Laundry Detergent and Stain Fighter of MLB,” and as Proud Sponsors of the Miami Marlins, Church & Dwight continued their 4th year of partnership activation at the 2017 Major League Baseball All-Star Game in Miami, Florida in July 2017. DDK Productions produced & managed the on-site activations which were held at the MLB Fan Fest, The 5K Electric Run, Zumba event and hospitality events for Church & Dwight executives and clients.
The activations were brought to life in several different ways, as baseball fans engaged with the Arm & Hammer and OxiClean brands through interactive games, free product giveaways, photo opportunities and chances for fans to win tickets to the 2017 MLB World Series.
Estimated foot traffic at all activation footprints (Fan Fest, Electric Run & Zumba): 200,000
Estimated foot traffic at all C&D activation footprints: 10,000
Total samples distributed at all C&D activation footprints: 25,000
- MLB Fan Fest: Created a unique experience for all MLB fans to enjoy for five days inside the Miami Beach Convention Center. Baseball fans of all ages tested their throwing abilities for both speed and accuracy at the Arm & Hammer and OxiClean Strike Out Stains pitching cages. Highest speed every hour won great prizes, compliments of Arm & Hammer/OxiClean. As crowds swarmed the footprint our emcee engaged some lucky fans with the opportunity to play “Name That Stain.” The most accurate and fastest answers were awarded special gifts including gift cards to the online MLB shop. On Saturday, everyone at the space was treated to a special “tips & tricks” pitching clinic with Olympic Gold Medalist, Jennie Finch. Jennie is a spokesperson for “the face of Arm & Hammer”. Also joining us at Fan Fest each day was OxiClean’s very own pitchman, Anthony “Sully” Sullivan, to provide pitching tips and photos opportunities for kids and adults alike. Marlins fans took pride in their beloved Marlins and took a photo at our Billy The Marlin Photo Op and were asked to share it using the hashtag #armandhammer & #oxiclean. In addition this year we added our famous spin wheel to the footprint. The lines to “Spin & Win” MLB-branded prizes compliments of Arm & Hammer and OxiClean were continuous throughout the entire activation. The prizes at the spin wheel included Kids MLB-themed Arm & Hammer Spinbrush toothbrushes, rally towels, stress balls and sunglasses. The lines to meet, take a photo with, and interact with “Sully” were lengthy throughout the activation, as fans were also given a complimentary, autographed mini-tub of OxiClean from Sully. Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant toothpaste and samples packs of OxiClean were given out to all fans who came through the footprint, complimentary. Fans also got to enjoy special guest appearances at the fast-pitch cage led by Marlins legends Livan Hernandez, Dontrelle Willis & Antonio Alfonseca.
- The Electric Run All-Star 5K: Another great event surrounding All-Star Week was The Electric Run All-Star 5K. OxiClean hosted the Chill Zone Lounge prior to runners starting their race. Fans were able to come into our space and get body painted. Runners also received a complimentary OxiClean-branded cooling towel. 3,000 cooling towels were handed out to the runners compliments of OxiClean. The towels were a tremendous asset to the runners, as it was a hot, muggy evening in Miami and also allowed for the runners' muscles to relax. Sully took part in the run, engaging with fans for photos along the running course and in our space. Our space also proved to be a great landing spot for the runners after they finished to cool off and relax. Everyone who attended was then treated to a free concert with headliner Pitbull.
- Zumba Event: The next morning after the Electric Run, fans were invited to come out to a Zumba class. Arm & Hammer hosted the Relax Zone Lounge prior to the patrons starting the class. Fans were able to come into our space and get a complimentary Arm & Hammer branded tank top. These were a huge hit with the crowds. Zumba attendees also received a complimentary Arm & Hammer-branded cooling towel. 2,000 cooling towels were handed out to the runners compliments of Arm & Hammer. The towels were a tremendous asset to the class participants, as it was a hot and steamy morning in Miami. The towels provided a great, cooling feeling as the Zumba class started to pick up with energy.
- Hospitality Events: In addition to creating fan engagement and brand affinity for Church & Dwight, there were also a group of executives, clients and partners of Church & Dwight who attended the festivities in Miami. Prior to the Home Run Derby, guests were treated to a reception outside at Delido Beach Club on the Ritz Carlton property. The guests enjoyed a special treat as former Miami Marlins All-Star, first baseman Gaby Sanchez joined us for a Q&A session. He was a great addition to the party as he told the group about his upbringing in Cuba and the journey to making it to the Major Leagues. Everyone in attendance got a photo with Gaby and some intimate dialogue with the former Marlin and Pirate. After the Home Run Derby, our guests were invited to attend a party at the Gale Hotel inside their Regent Lounge. Set in a very relaxing venue, everyone enjoyed delicious cocktails, outstanding passed appetizers and got to reminisce about the HR Derby and socialize. Our final event of the trip took place prior to the All-Star Game in the Lapidus Lounge inside the Ritz Carlton. We had the treat of having the face of Arm & Hammer former Softball Gold-Medalist & Women’s College Softball National Champion from the University of Arizona, Jennie Finch join us for an intimate Q&A session. After that portion of the show wrapped up we were then joined by MLB catching legend Benito Santiago. Jennie & Benito took pictures and personalized softballs (Jennie) and baseballs (Benito) for everyone in attendance. It was a perfect ending to a wonderful experience for the Church & Dwight executives and clients in Miami.
- Full-scale event production at various activations footprints throughout All-Star Week: 100’X75’ space at Fan Fest, 10’X50” at Electric Run & Zumba.
- Procure, negotiate and manage onsite emcee, brand ambassadors, fabrication of branded signage.
- Liaison with MLB/BaAM,/Freeman, Ritz Carlton South Beach on all logistical/hospitality details.
- Create all programming for fan engagement and emcee scripting at footprint.
- Spearhead all premium & product sampling distribution.